Anyone with an iPhone understands the allure of that shiny little black and silver device. It’s not hard to find yourself lost in an array of apps for hours on end either playing games or searching for ways to simplify your everyday tasks. However, we wondered if it’s possible to become truly “addicted” to your iPhone. A recent survey of students at Stanford University revealed that nearly half of the students surveyed admitted that they were addicted to their iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad in some way, shape or form. Wondering if you’re addicted? Here’s a few clues that you may be a full-on iPhone junkie:
1. You surf the web when stopped at red lights. Because there’s no time like the present to check out what’s going on in the world. Or on Facebook.
2. You’re sensitive to iphone sound notifications and respond as if your newborn baby was crying. After all, there could be an important app update that needs downloaded…ASAP!
3. You often use your phone at a restaurant table more than once during a meal; even in the company of others.
4. You become upset if your wife, husband, kids or the dog interrupt your “iPhone time,” whether you’re browsing iTunes, organizing apps or beating Angry Birds.
5. You feel short of breath, sweaty or panicked at the mere thought of losing your iPhone. In fact, you may even consider its loss a “tragedy.”
6. The last thing you see before bed and the first thing you hold after you wake up is your iPhone. Don’t forget about your significant other sleeping over there next to you!
7. Sometimes you wonder how you ever survived before the iPhone..Back when life was oh-so-meaningless. You’ve got to remember to send Steve Jobs a thank you note!
8. You show your friends and co-workers the latest apps you’ve discovered at every opportunity. “Hey, guys! Just got an app to help organize my desk. Check it out!”
9. You send SMS to people in the same house. Why yell upstairs when you can message?
10. You turn down meeting with friends to finish just one more level of “Cut the Rope.” That little monster is just too cute to resist!
Do you think you are addicted? What are the other signs to watch out for? drop us a note!