iPhone 3G S supports voice control for dialing a number and playing music. This is pretty important to us parents especially when we are taking multitasking to new levels. Below is a video clip that shows how to make a call using voice dial. To initiate this you need to press and hold on the Home button, and say a command, such as “call Mike”.
I first thought this is a software upgrade and it will work on my iPhone 3G with OS 3.0 update, but it did not work. You need to have iPhone 3G S to use this.
Voice command supports many languages, including the ones listed below. To modify the language settings go to Settings > General > International > Voice Control
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (China)
- Chinese (Taiwan)
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
Did you try the Voice Commands? Did it work for you? Drop us a comment.
Access all iPhone Kids Application Reviews and Best Apps here
- How to connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to TV
- iPod Touch Battery: How long does it last and how to extend the battery life
- How to convert your own DVDs to iPhone and iPod Touch format in 5 easy steps
- Parental controls on iPhone and iPod Touch that every parent needs to know about
- An iPhone App with Magical Powers: Amazon Remembers
- Kid-Safe iPhone Web Browser
- Best iPod Touch and iPhone Cases with Stands
- 5 tips for making your iPhone/iTouch kid proof
- How To Move, Rearrange, and Delete iPhone and iPod Touch App Icons
- MacWorld 2009 News That iParents Should Know About
- Buying iPod Touch for Kids? Pros and Cons.
Have questions, suggestions for application reviews?
Please e-mail to: iPhoneAndKids@gmail.com
Would like to be notified as new reviews come out and subscribe to our feed by e-mail?
Subscribe to our feed: