Is there an iPhone projector? The answer is, well, depends on what you’d like to do:
Currently it is only possible to output iPhone screen to any projector or TV screen only when iPhone is playing movies. If you are demonstrating an application or playing a game, to the best of my knowledge an as of March 2009, it is not possible to project or display iPhone’s screen on a larger screen.
For projecting iPhone’s screen in the movie mode, you need an AudioVisual cable that converts iPhone or iPod Touch output to RCA. You can then connect the RCA output to almost any projector or TV. Different vendors offer AV cables for iPhone, and they are cheaper than Apple’s connector. However, after reading on Amazon about the incompatibly problems that they may have, I would recommend purchasing the following connector from Apple Store, which worked well for us: Apple Composite AV Cable $49
We do not have a projector but I would like to own one. For the coolness
factor and extra portability,
it would be nice to get an extra small pico projector. 3M sells such projectors but their reviews are mixed. On the other hand, I have seen a live demo of Microvision’s pico projector and it was impressive. It is rumored to be available in summer 2009 and capable of running 2 hours on batteries.
Here is a youtube video that shows pico projector in action:
Access all iPhone Tips and Kids Application Reviews here
- How to connect your iPhone or iPod Touch to TV
- How to convert your own DVDs to iPhone and iPod Touch format in 5 easy steps
- iPod Touch Battery: How long does it last and how to extend the battery life
- How Many Movies and Apps can Fit on an iPod Touch or iPhone?
- An iPhone App with Magical Powers: Amazon Remembers
- 8 iPhone Apps to Get when Traveling with Preschool Age Kids
- 5 Concerns About Buying iPod Touch for Children
- 5 tips for making your iPhone/iTouch kid proof
- Best iPod Touch and iPhone Cases with Stands
- MacWorld 2009 News That iParents Should Know About
Have questions, suggestions for application reviews?
Please e-mail to: iPhoneAndKids@gmail.com
Would like to be notified as new reviews come out and subscribe to our feed by e-mail?
Subscribe to our feed: